As part of Wiltshire's plan to support children and young people's emotional wellbeing and mental health, we have been designated as a Thrive Hub school, one of twelve selected schools in Wiltshire
As a Thrive Hub school we receive additional support to help build children and young people’s resilience, support parents/carers, and promote mentally healthy schools. We also share our training and good practice with other local schools.
Support available as a result of being a Thrive Hub school includes:
- Support from CAMHS, including helping teachers to sport early signs of mental health concerns
- Evidence based parenting programmes, from the Ministry of Parenting
- Online confidential counselling service for pupils (Kooth.com) available seven days a week.
- A peer mentoring programme, working with Kidscape
- Engagement with Wiltshire Healthy schools programme
- Youth Mental Health First Aid training
- Parenting courses
The aim of the Thrive Hub is to strengthen early intervention and prevention in schools where we hope to see problems being tackled as soon as they arise, reducing demand for more costly specialist interventions when problems may have become more serious.